Friday, September 28, 2012

In the beginning

I an uncertain whether or not I have anything to write that is worth publishing in this particular format; I am certainly not very well versed with the institution of the blog and have never followed any one blog with regularity.  If I have any clear motivation in starting my own, it is in the spirit of journaling for the sake of expressing my ideas to myself (also not a practice with which I am terribly familiar). 

I have, however, always been fond of writing so perhaps this will prove to be diverting at the very least, and myabe constructive in some specific way if I am lucky.  I imagine this blog might appeal to the reader more if I narrow the focus of my posts to a particular subject, however, I haven't thought even remotely that far ahead yet.

This is what I might best characterize as a impulsive decision to mimick the behavoir of friends and acquiantances based on anecdotal evidence that such an exercise has been cathartic for them.  At the very least, my hope is that by taking the opportunity to record some of my daily thoughts I will at some point in the future be able to look back with some amount of perspective and find continuity in my life.  As it stands, I oftentimes find it quite difficult to relate to the memory of my former selves with regard to intent, convictions, and motiviations. 

With any luck, having a running record of such things will enable me to be better aware of myself beyond the immediate.  Who knows what such clarity might acheive? God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment